Friday 9 December 2011

The Power of Love

What a powerful place is this planet we call Earth. As a seer I am still amazed of the power of love. Not the love that is saccharine or dominates aisles of greeting cards in the pharmacy. It is love as a energy that moves, inspires and shakes us to our core. Love is the sword of truth that heals and cuts through the illusion of separation. It is this energy I see around each and every person whenever I tune in or begin a reading. As a seer I am but a vessel or channel for this energy to flow through.

Love is not only an energy but is an intelligence. It is a directive from god about how we should be not only living our lives but conducting ourselves here upon the planet. One of the most powerful laws governing our existence is whatever we send out (thought, word and deed) comes back to us tenfold. Since we are connected to this energy field just by being alive, we are then connected to each and every single other living being out there. Whatever we do that is harmful we are actually harming ourselves.

But when we really connect and try to live with a consciousness about harming none we align ourselves with the kind of power that keeps the earth in orbit around the sun, makes gravity happen and governs the moon's pull on the waters of the earth.

That is why it is so important to live by the golden rule "Do unto others as you would have done to yourself". If you live your life by this simple rule, putting out love into the universe, especially where there is darkness, you will never be alone. It is through love that we have the strength to overcome our fears and the illusion of separation that fear creates.

It is equally important to love our enemies, for those are our greatest teachers. They can mirror to us our shadow, or unconscious parts of ourselves which still need to be integrated. I am not stating that we remain intimate with people who hurt us and that we allow ourselves to be abused, but we can move through these painful experiences more gracefully thanking creator for the lesson. "The sword of truth is forged in the fires of suffering." Love has the power to heal and bring clarity to even most obscure of situations.

My sister died of cancer one year ago. My understanding of the laws of the spirit world is that it is very difficult for spirits to show themselves here in this dimension after they have departed. It is through this universal love energy (that all of us have access to), that our loved ones make it known to us that they are all right after they have passed to the other side. My sister has shown herself to my sisters and myself so powerfully since she passed that my sisters who are still here with me have been changed profoundly from these experiences. Even myself with all that I know, I have been humbled by the displays of my sister Sherry's love for me. She teaches me, sits by my side and makes me wonder at what a wonderful and mysterious place is this planet we call Earth.

Lorraine Hughes © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment