Friday 9 December 2011

Spirituality and Nature

I grew up out west and lived on Vancouver Island from age three to eight, I remember trees so wide that it took my three sister's and I linking hands to encircle some of them. It is quite impressive to see these trees for yourself when you are out there. I returned again about eight years ago and visited an area my father told me was so dense that he needed a flash (on a bright sunny day) to take a picture when we were little girls. This area is known as Cathedral Grove and is a small protected area. A lot of the trees have fallen down as a result of wind and weather, this is due to the surrounding area being logged and the forest is younger, so there is no supporting ecosystem or buffer for that area of trees.

From what I understand the logging companies are doing the same thing at Clayoquot Sound, one of the last remaining vestiges of untouched, pristine forest left on the planet! For more information go to this link; http://www.focs.ca/logging/index.asp. I am no environmental expert but I am a expert in the area of spiritual energies on the planet, so I will speak from that place.

We are not our physical bodies but are spiritual beings having a physical experience. For this reason vibrations are very important to each and every living being on the planet, because we are all affected by vibrations for better or for worse. We are linked planetary wide to energy vibrations that could be emitted from such faraway places as say Clayoquot Sound. Even yes, us city dwellers. These are all concepts being explored and proven by the new physicists including seminal thinkers such as Steven Hawkins. These laws have been understood and utilized by Lakota medicine societies for hundreds of years in their ceremonies.
As we are vibrating beings, we need the healthy vibrations of these wild areas for our own health and psychological well being. These old trees have a very deep wisdom in which we all could learn from.

As previously stated, about eight years ago I visited Cathedral Grove on Vancouver Island, I later made some paintings (in my studio in Toronto) based on this visit. About this time I was meditating and out of nowhere I was visited by one of those old majestic trees I saw that day on Vancouver Island. I felt myself inside the tree, I was part of the energy that was going up and down the trunk and it was part of me, most of the vision was too profound to put into words here. It was very powerful, I was energized after the meditation. The tree was communicating with me telepathically over 4,500 km. I came out of the meditation and felt compelled to check my journal, I looked back a year ago to the day I was meditating, in my journals I visited Cathedral Grove exactly one year ago to the day!

These events are not coincidences but part of a purposeful intelligence that is self regulating and can maintain itself in perfect balance. Something we modern humans with our technology and conveniences have lost touch with. This is deeper than an issue of admiration of the beauty of nature, and going on a canoe trip through the wilderness. 

Lorraine Hughes © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment