Friday 9 December 2011

Synchronicity

Whether we realize it or not there is a intelligence out there which we resonate with and are connected to on planet Earth. This energy force is not easily understood by the rational mind; some call it a mystery, I have experienced it as creativity in action. What I am speaking of here is the laws of manifestation, it is a very complex subject and I will cover only a segment of those laws here and how synchronicity plays a part.


We cannot only have creative thoughts in our mind and sit back and wait for things to happen. We have to put it out there and engage with the creative power of the universe. That is why the rational mind can be a hindrance rather that help us, it often gets in the way of a deeper understanding of the self and of the world around us.

It has been my experience that sometimes there is a waiting period for events to become aligned for the best possible outcome. Its important that we learn the lessons we have agreed to learn here on planet Earth in this dimension at this time. This process is known by people who work with energy as "thought, word and deed" and really this is the simplest way to remember it.

This process, even though it governs our existence and we interact with it every day of our lives is very mysterious (because of the lessons we are bound to here) which are still unknown to us. This is difficult for the rational mind to absorb who needs everything understood and explained immediately and given to it with a nice bow on top. Just as our previous lives are like shadowy edges of our reality so are the lessons our souls have committed to learning while here in this dimension.

That is why when I counsel clients who may feel stuck I always encourage them to follow the energy, this means look for the coincidences in your life. The meaningful but obscure patterns that repeat themselves, the familiar stranger or place. This is a key to a path or a way to the self, and the needs of the soul or heart. To get clear about what your values are at a deep level, to get in touch with our unconscious patterns. 

I have seen this manifest in a number of circumstances in my own life, it took me a while to learn to trust divine intervention to come up with solutions the way I do now.

I remember an occurrence that happened on a trip to the southwest recently.  Last year my boyfriend were traveling in Arizona. He had this dream and I like a "good" girlfriend supported his dream.  To rent a Harley Davidson motorcycle and drive across the desert.  Guess who rode on the back digging her nails into his leather jacket as we roared down the interstate.  Being strangers to Tuscon we followed the bike shop owners instructions to get to Tombstone which included a hair-raising 20 minute ride on the I-19.  When we finally got to our destination I was cursing the American bikers!  Even our friends we had dinner with the next evening (who both own Harleys) were amazed we survived the interstate.


On the way back we were riding down the smaller highways and I began praying passionately asking god to help us find an alternative to Tuscon which bypassed the interstate.  I prayed so hard I was crying, or was it the desert wind blowing sand in my eyes.  We stopped for water at a crossroads, just before the perilous interstate.  I think I heard the music for the movie "The Good the Bad and the Ugly", or was it the cry of a hawk piercing the noon heat.  Out of nowhere, a young man pulls up in a car starts talking about the bike.  It turns out he is a "biker" and he knows the people who own the bike shop.  He gives us an alternate route to Tuscon that does not involve the I-19.


I think that guy was an angel, which goes to show you that "help" comes in many guises.


Lorraine Hughes © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment